Donation

Donation

Sunday 14 August 2016

Anything but Low in the Lowlands

We left Glencoe without comimg across any unfortunate body parts requiring an owner and then for  3 days we were bashing on through driving rain and gusty winds. If fact we were beginning to think that Scotland didn't like us. I blame the Senior Doctor for that quip about the highlands being like the land that time forgot - I knew no good would come of it. After  all l'm old enough to remember international It's a Knock Out and the problems xenophobia caused then, in fact most of the programmes presenters are now in prison so that must say something. However let's not dwell on insults past, let's think about  the wonderful scenery we have seen albeit shrouded in cloud and low lying mist and obscured by driving rain - or is that drifting back to the LTTF issue!

 
 R

We did meet Tom and Ginna in passing who gave us a donation. Tim is a lawyer but we tried to gloss over that to avoid any seedy professional rivalry. We also met a charming man who told us he and his wife were now both retired and, as he had done some cycling in his youth, he thought he would like to emulate our ride with his wife in the Stoker position, but since his wife wouldn't even leave their car because it was wet underfoot I personally don't think it's a goer,  He took a picture as consolation and this time I insisted I was in ii - I wasn't having the unfortunate incident with the cafe tourist repeating itself, after all I own the bike - well at least half of it.

I am told that their comes a point in every cyclist's life when their obsession with the soreness of their backside seems to dissipate to be replaced by this trance like state of peddling bliss. I don't think we have yet reached the latter yet  - I know this because soon after the start of each daily journey the Senior Doctor is asking "Are we there yet" - to keep the peace I usually try to be non commital - but t do believe we have reached the former. Our profound physical need for extra padding seems to be on the wane and our consumption of Sudocream is falling daily. Hooray for physiological adaptation allowing a smile on your face - this must be evolution in progress.

 

We stayed at the Bridge of Orchy hotel last night. It was very pleasant and we had a wonderful dinner all served by staff from countries that use to be behind the former iron curtain - all very Scottish. The hotel manager - Celed a Hungarian - threw in in a pic of us outside the hotel. Now that's service.

 T

We're off to Glasgow tomorrow. Back to civilisation. Perhaps our phones will be able to get a signal and we will be able to use WiFi. We live in hope. I will let you know how we get on down Sauchiehall Street. If we run into any trouble I hoping that the money we spent on lessons for the Senior Doctor in "Self Defence for the Professional Woman" will not be wasted - in fact SD versus Glaswegian worse the wear for drink could be interesting as long I not expected to get involved. If it goes down I'll try to keep my distance and get some pics. The things I do for the bloggers art. J K Rowling look out!


1 comment:

  1. I so admire the two of you and it also sounds like you are having some fun as well, albeit with wet backsides at times. Go well and we hope that the wind is at your back. Regards, Allan & Thea.

    ReplyDelete